- Bread / Mantou
- Cakes / Muffins
- Cookies / Biscuits
- Finger Food
- No Bake Cakes
- One Pot Dish
- Rice Cooker Cakes
- Side Dishes
- Steam Cakes/Muffins
- Young Babies
- What to cook?
Sunday, 16 November 2014
Lean meat from my soup.
1) Shred the lean meat.
2) Add seasoning & mix well.
3) Put everything in breadmaker (Tesco) & select the 'Jam' function. For 1st round, stopped the machine at 20 mins and then run the 'Jam' function for second round in full.
5 cube drumsticks (remove bone)
4 sliced onions
3 minced garlic
Half shredded carrots
4 sliced chinese sausages
20 pcs shredded old ginger
3 small slice salted fish
3 cups rice
4 tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp dark sauce
1 tbsp sweet dark sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 tbsp hua tiao jiu
4 tbsp oyster sauce
1 chicken knorr cube
2 & 1/2 cup water
1. Marinated the chicken cube with 3 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp hua tiao jiu for 2 hrs or overnight in fridge.
2. Stir fry the salted fish and set aside.
3. Stir fry the Chinese sausage and set aside.
4. Stir fry the ginger, shredded carrots, 2 sliced onion, garlic and mushroom
5. Stir fry the marinated chicken with 2 sliced onions and 2 tbsp oyster sauce and set aside
6. Pour in the 3 cups of washed rice, stir well. Add in 1 chicken knorr cube, 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 3 tbsp dark sauce, 1 tbsp sweet dark sauce.
7. Pour inside rice cooker, add 2 and 1/2 cup warm temperature water.
8. Almost 3/4 cooked, put the cooked chicken, Chinese sausage and salted fish on top and continue to cook.
9. For my rice-cooker, I pressed cook 2x.
10. Before eating, can add a few drops of sesame oil and dark sauce. More yummy
Makes 2 trays (picture is 1 tray)
Fresh Milk 80g
Low Protein Flour 150g
Baking soda 1/8tsp
Green onion 3-5tbsp (cut into very thin slices)
1. Put everything together, mix well.
2. Add in green onion and knead until smooth.
3. Set aside and let it rest for 15 minutes
4. Roll into 2mm thickness.
5. Cut into small pieces and use fork to make hole on it.
6. Bake at preheated oven 170’c until slightly golden color.
7. Best with a cup of coffee cos it is a Chinese version of biscotti.
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
Fruits of your choice
Mix all ingredients well and bake in preheated oven at 160°c for 20 mins.
360ml fresh milk
2 small eggs
1. Warm milk and dissolve sugar in it.
2. Beat the egg till foamy and slowly add into the warm milk while continuing to whisk.
3. Sieve 3 times.
4. Steam around 8 mins (depend on the size of your bowl).
Recipe Link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/greek-lamb-with-yogurt-mint-sauce-recipe.html
Slow cooked in the oven for 4hrs. Laid lamb on top of lots of crushed garlic and quartered onions then add a splash of water and cover tightly with foil. Slow cook for 3hrs then open, drain fats and add some more water so the meat is kept moist and cook till meat falls off the bone for abt another hour. I marinated my lamb overnite with lots of garlic, fresh rosemary, tiny bit of oil, rock salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Vinegar mint sauce was chopped up mint leaves added to a mixture of 3tbsp red wine vinegar, 1tbsp hot water, 1tsp sugar and some salt. Yogurt mint sauce is a must try.
Monday, 6 October 2014
Plain flour 300g
Pumpkin (steam and mashed) 100g
Sesame oil/ corn oil 3tbsp
Water 110-130ml *
Instant yeast 1½tsp
Black sesame ~ for topping
*I would recommend to put 110ml water first. If the dough too dry and can't form then only add on 1tsp each time until a soft and non sticky dough is formed. The amount of water needed is affected by the moist of pumpkin mash.
1) Put all ingredients into bread maker pan from wet ingredients to dry. Make a hole in the center of flour and put instant yeast inside.
2) Choose 'DOUGH' mode and knead for 20min or until a soft and non sticky dough form.
3) Cover the dough with wet towel and let it rest 20min. The dough will double in its size.
4) Divide the dough into 50g small ball and shape it to your prefer design.
5) Cover it with wet towel for 20min for second proofing. It will become 50% bigger in size.
6) Steam over high heat for 20min. Serve warm and enjoy