Friday 7 February 2014

Homemade Milo by Bhavaani Vanga


Ingredients:
3 tbsp flaxseeds (not required to soak)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup almonds
1/4 cup brazil nuts, pecan nuts (I omit since did not have), cashew nuts (soak only 6hrs)
1 cup cacao powder/ cacao paste (add if require more as per your taste)
1 cup sugar
I had some chocolates of 75% cocoa so I break into pieces & freezed it & grind ones take out immediately. Add the other powdered ingredients.

Method:
Step1: Soak all nuts & seeds in salt water 7hrs to overnight (cashews for 6hrs max). Wash & dry in indoor/ in oven at 50c or below. (took me 6.3hrs at 40c & then lightly roasted on stove)
Step 2: Powder it (I did altogether- Big mistake came out coarse, cacao also kind of melted a bit due to grinder jar bit hot so I freezed it a while & grind to powder - stop when it clumps together)
Enjoy with hot milk & then mix with warm/ cold/ hot milk.
This can be used for pancakes/ baking since mixed seed & nut butter with MILO taste.
Note: Store in fridge
You can sieve after mixing if do not like the crunch of nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment