Tuesday 18 February 2014

Chicken Curry Bun by Jamie Yeow


Bread dough:
200g bread flour
20g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3g instant yeast
110ml milk
30g egg, light beaten
25g butter at room temp

Method:
I used a breadmaker with dough setting and dumped the ingredients in to knead and do first proofing. You can do this with a mixer and dough hook as well. 

Once first proofing is done, divide equally into 8 balls. Roll them flat with a roller (until it covers your palm size and more) and put in filling. Seal the bread edges and let it do second proofing for another hour. 

When about to bake, brush with egg wash, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and parsley and poke to 2 tiny holes at the top of the bread. Bake til golden brown.

The curry chicken filling -- I don't have a recipe as I had a pack of curry mix I the freezer so I used it. Any curry chicken recipe is fine - cut up small pieces of chicken and potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment