Thursday 19 June 2014

Apple Muffins by Janet Teh


Recipe is adapted from: http://food-4tots.com/2012/04/09/apple-muffins/2/ and http://rasamalaysia.com/blueberry-muffins-recipe/2/


Ingredients:
1 large apple
180g cake flour (original uses all purpose flour but I wanted to clear my cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I used a pinch)
50g sugar
60g unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
200ml milk


Method: 
1. Preheat oven to 180C. (I think should use 200C as mine wasn't golden enough)
2. Cut apple into small slices of 'triangle shape', thickness up to your liking. Cook with medium heat until apple is soft. (Original recipe calls for 2 tbsp of sugar and lemon juice but I omitted. You can add if you like it sweet).
3. Sift flour, baking powder into a large bowl. Add salt. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
4. Melt butter. Add egg and milk into butter, whisk together.
5. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just blended. Mixture is slightly lumpy.
6. Scoop into muffin cups and bake muffins till golden for about 18-20 minutes. I followed the tip whereby I filled two empty cups in the muffin pan with water to keep the muffin moist while baking in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment